Monday, February 27, 2012

Failure is always an option

   I woke up this morning really excited. The reason? I decided to make scones again. The first time I made cranberry scones and they were the perfect consistency and sweetness. The sad thing this time around is that I lost the recipe!! I originally found it on my news feed on my tablet and completely forgot to save the recipe. I frantically tried to find it but did not succeed. I decided to try and make them from memory. The dough looked the same and it had the same consistency, but I found out very quickly that they were not the same as the first ones I made. Not only did they taste terrible, but they were too dry for my taste. Gross.


   I then went and made a second batch by altering the measurements for the first batch. I cut the dough and put the scones in the oven. After waiting 15 minutes in anticipation, I found out again that they weren't anything like my first batch. The taste was like I wanted but the consistency was not nearly as fluffy and sweet as the original. Even though they didn't turn out how I imagined they would, I enjoyed being in the kitchen doing what I love the most, cooking. I was very humbled today because failure is always an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment